WEB & PC TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
MKH Computer Services have experience in working with a number of different web and PC based technologies.
- HTML - Rather than using an HTML generation tool we prefer to code all of
our web pages by hand. In this way we can produce easy to maintain, structured code that conforms to all of
the current HTML standards
- PHP - PHP is our preferred language for writing
Server Side code. PHP has the advantage of being
Open Source code so licensing costs are kept to a minimum, making it
the fastest growing server side language on the internet.
- MySQL - MySQL is a powerful, multi-user
Relational database that is closely coupled to
PHP. For web site developments it is our database of
choice due to its power and flexibility. It is also well supported by the majority of web hosting companies.
- CGI - Many existing web sites use CGI as their
Server Side language. Although it is going out of favour as a
language of choice, there is still a vast amount of CGI code still in use on the internet. We are able to
modify or amend existing CGI scripts or to write new scripts as required.
technology used for creating special effects on a users browser. We can develop
and sophisticated visual effects.
- ASP - ASP is the Microsoft's preferred language for developing Server
Side code. As it integrates well with both Microsoft SQL Server and
Microsoft Access it is our language of choice when developing
database applications using either of these two Relational database products.
- Visual Basic - Visual Basic is a high level programming language
used for developing Windows applications. Due to its speed of development
and compliance with the Microsoft Windows architecture it is the ideal tool for us to develop PC applications.
- C++ - C++ is a powerful, low level language that can be used for just about
any programming task on any operating system. Our extensive experience
in programming in C++ can be used to develop software for any of your programming needs.